[MUD-Dev] in-game vs web-based boards (was: Geometric content generation)

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Wed Oct 3 10:19:28 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Archer <archer at frmug.org>

> People are grumbling a lot, because people in groups naturally
> tend to switch to the default group chat, and then their desperate
> attempt to join a group are ignored: /send leader "I see you're
> looking for members, I'm healer, can I join?" results in a small
> star going up on the general panel title in the aforementioned
> leader screen. That's all.

> Very frustrating. You have to find the group, jump up and down and
> do lots of antics to get their attention.

Players should be careful what they ask for.  In this case, it was
group leaders who didn't like getting spammed with /sends begging to
join the group (usually by people at the bottom of their grouping
range, because of the way our XP sharing works).  It *is* just a
default, players can configure to send any chat messages to any pane
they like.

--Dave Rickey