[MUD-Dev] Geometric content generation

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Oct 10 08:24:52 CEST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Ola Fosheim [iso-8859-1] Gr=F8stad wrote:
> Matt Mihaly wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:

>> Fair enough. No one's making you play them. I don't have a
>> problem with any of the above activities personally, as I have no
>> sympathy for weakness of will.

> So, you are not a behaviourist then.

Who said that? My lack of sympathy is part and parcel of it. I don't
feel any sympathy for a broken piece of glass either. It's in its
nature to break.

>>> If people come out at the other end of the system, feeling empty
>>> or bad, then that system had no right to impose themselves on
>>> them.

>> I'm not even sure how to respond to this arbitrary declaration of
>> rights except to say that had I designed such a system, I would
>> just reply, "Yet I did it."

> We all know your position Matt. You made it very clear when you
> joined the list. And no, you are not tricking me into those
> neverending discussions on whether the concept of ethics makes
> sense or not. ;)

I'm not trying to trick you into anything. If you're going to
present a viewpoint, then I can hardly see what's wrong with
presenting an opposing one. And just refusing to consider the
foundations of your argument seems a bit contrary to the research
principles mud-dev is founded on.

--matt