[MUD-Dev] Many MUDs in one? (was: Geometric content generation)

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Thu Oct 11 10:42:13 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:30:40AM +0000, Matt Mihaly wrote:

> That's Achaea. Play forever without ever paying a dime if you
> want. We don't care, and we don't discriminate in terms of
> customer service.  You'll eventually get hooked though and want to
> spend money. If not, then we're not providing a good enough game,
> so we don't deserve your money anyway. And if you really can't
> afford anything, well, you're providing content for the other
> players anyway. When you get old and have bought everything you
> need (though that's not really ever possible) you've got a number
> of possible elder games to indulge in that don't cost extra money.

<nod> It's a small world; a friend of yours (or possibly a friend of
a friend) told me about Achaea, and I noticed the wierd payment
model.

So, my questions:

  Is it actually making money?  How long has it been doing so?

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno