[MUD-Dev] Quality Testing

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Tue Oct 23 15:01:54 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Dahlke <PaulD at activate.net>

I'll let you know after we figure it out.

> There are no more beta testers and just paying customers.  While
> some paying customers may feel they are still beta testers,
> treating all paying customers as such is probably is not a good
> idea.

> Even without a testing\QA staff numerous functions must be done by
> someone.  Just updating a dozen or more servers with the latest
> build entails an amount of risk that is usually worth a testing\QA
> pass, for example.

Right now, the direction we're moving is towards retaining the Team
Leads and their testing teams as our channel for feedback.  It will
be selective and voluntary, a subcommunity of around 200 or so
people with special access to the development team, enough to get
all the feedback we need, but a small enough number to be managable.

--Dave