[MUD-Dev] Geometric content generation

Koster Koster
Sun Sep 30 21:13:04 CEST 2001

Well, if you believe the behavioral psych people, there is no
difference, right? :)

Seriously, though--even if you do provide such a world, research
seems to indicate that if there is no feedback mechanisms, people
won't pursue the activities. Even the crudest simplest DikuMUD
derivative offers more than just the hjunt for XP, yet many seem to
prefer the shallow experience the game rewards over the richer
experience that the game doesn't acknowledge.  Seems to me that it's
a good thing, making use of these tools in order to open the
players' eyes to the complex world and unfulfilled need you cite.

-Raph