[MUD-Dev] Reality check ...

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Wed Apr 17 09:50:57 CEST 2002

--On Saturday, April 13, 2002 13:57 -0400 Dave Rickey
<daver at mythicentertainment.com> wrote:
> From: "Matt Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>

>> I don't believe any court is going to consider the fictional
>> context of games. And the virtual 'sword' is just a collection of
>> data.

> Your bank account is just a "collection of data".  Therein lies
> the problrem.

Well, no, the biggest problem so far is too many people grinding too
many axes at the same whetstone.

And your bank account? That's "just data"....linked to real-world,
physically affective assets. If you close your account, I owe you
the money the data represents.

If you quit my MUD, I don't owe you a sword.

--
Marc Bowden - Soulsinger         Dreamshadow:The Legacy of the Three
  ryumo at merit.edu                                 209.48.36.2 3333