[MUD-Dev] Reality check ...

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Wed Apr 17 16:14:22 CEST 2002

From: Dave Rickey [mailto:daver at mythicentertainment.com]
> From: "Matt Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>

>> I don't believe any court is going to consider the fictional
>> context of games. And the virtual 'sword' is just a collection of
>> data.

> Your bank account is just a "collection of data".  Therein lies
> the problrem.

Banking is highly regulated, and that data is backed by real
liquidity. I don't see how you can draw a comparison. If it gets to
a point where you can, be very afraid - you don't want that level of
regulation. If we were to extrapolate, can you imagine having to
asset back virtual items as you spawn them?

Dan