[MUD-Dev] G4 cable channel

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Apr 18 23:11:43 CEST 2002

On 4/17/02 6:05 PM, John Bertoglio <jb at co-laboratory.com> wrote:

> The first online game that breaks out into mass market TV will
> derive huge benefits. Will "The Everquest Rangers" replace the
> "Power Rangers"? Weirder things have happened.

Well, Blizzard is already claiming in court filings that playing its
games constitutes performance of creative works it retains the
rights to (see http://www.bnetd.org/pdf/complaint.pdf for details on
the latest in this saga--note paragraph 28 on page 7).

Hmm.  "Unauthorized public performances of Blizzard computer games
by end users."  Hmm.  Time for "Player's Equity"?

Perhaps my joke about taxing game assets wasn't so far-fetched.  If
they have value (as various people are claiming), then transferring
them may well have tax consequences.  The "twink tax", anyone?

Amanda Walker