[MUD-Dev] Re:Blacksnow revisited

maddog at maddog.com maddog at maddog.com
Tue Apr 23 23:51:45 CEST 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:05:57 -0500 Norman Short wrote:

> I'm not holding my breath.  I expect that things will stay largely
> as they are and I will continue to feel cheated and feel that you
> guys are going to do things the way you always have.
> Congratulations, you've turned an avid player into someone who
> doesn't want what you're selling anymore.

Actually I believe this whole issue of ownership to be a temporary
bump in the path to virtual worlds.  The overall goal of most
virtual worlds projects has been to give people control over their
worlds and even their objects.  It would be a terrible waste of time
for the future Gen-whatevers to be born in 3D space and live in 3D
and then one day find out that they have only been renting.

This "renting" phase will pass.

frank