[MUD-Dev] Re: Angry Gamer (was: Blacksnow revisited)

Daniel Fischer megathrax at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:12:37 CEST 2002

From: "Norman Short" <wjshort at wworld.com>

> You corporate devs have been disingenuous in making us believe we
> were building anything or acquiring anything. To the extent that
> it is the devs fault for giving me these false expectations, I'm
> angry.  Frankly I hope you guys do lose in court and it turns out
> players have some rights. I'm not holding my breath.

I will have to disagree with you on this. In the end when the game
has died and the everyone have moved on, we the players have
accomplished many things. We have built communities that span the
reaches of our earth. We have acquired experiences that will last us
our lifetimes. If the only reason you play games is for personal
gain, you should try another medium.

> I expect that things will stay largely as they are and I will
> continue to feel cheated and feel that you guys are going to do
> things the way you always have.  Congratulations, you've turned an
> avid player into someone who doesn't want what you're selling
> anymore

Perhaps you should do some research about the next wave of online
games. Games such as Star Wars Galaxies, Shadowbane, and The Sims
Online will involve a whole new level of gameplay. Players will be
able to interact and affect their world in a whole new
way. Hopefully we will have sorted out who owns what by then.

Daniel