[MUD-Dev] How much is enough?

Sasha Hart Sasha.Hart at directory.reed.edu
Wed Apr 24 23:23:11 CEST 2002

[Justin Coleman]

> There will always be a condition of "more is better", I think, but
> I'm attempting to find a way to turn these players back from the
> dark side of number crunching, and back into enjoying the game for
> other reasons.

Instead of hiding the values per se, might I suggest having fewer
values (for a shorter ladder) and fewer or no ways to move between
them. Obviously shoots a GoP game in the foot but may be a way
around these problems which quantizing fine grained values into
"terrible ,bad, okay, good, very good" may not.