[MUD-Dev] How much is enough?

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Apr 25 16:18:09 CEST 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Leverett, William wrote:

> But Achievers are the largest group, and the bottom line is that
> in order to draw the maximum number of players you have to concede
> some of the RPG elements.

Hmm, I'm not sure that achievers are the largest group. The most
widely-played computer games are things like solitaire, chess,
hearts, etc. Parlor games mainly, which seem to be attractive to
people largely because of the social element that goes along with
them, not because of any achievement-oriented mechanisms.

--matt