[MUD-Dev] Player Accounts on a Non-Commercial MUD

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Fri Apr 26 12:36:15 CEST 2002

From: Tand'a-ur [mailto:tandaur at ix.netcom.com]

> Currently the only multiplaying loopholes are if you have
> different ips or one character goes linkdead and you log another
> character on.

How do you handle NAT? Or will you block seperate people who are
behind a NAT logging into your game?

Personally, I think this whole thing is unenforceable and thus
shouldn't be used as a mechanic. You need to find a motivation for
people to want multiple chars in the same account, rather than
wanting separate accounts.  That way you don't have to waste your
time on whats probably a lost cause (the enforcement and tracking
via IP).

Dan