[MUD-Dev] Codename Blue & Facets - Nick Yee's new studies

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Sat Apr 27 01:16:45 CEST 2002

Dave Rickey writes:
> From: John Buehler <johnbue at msn.com>
>> Raph Koster writes:

>>> - The "Explorer" Bartle's type does not appear to exist.

>> I would say that the explorer type doesn't have material to
>> entertain it in the three games mentioned.

> You can say that, but then you'd have to reconcile it with this
> page:

>   http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/stats.cgi

Please excuse me for being thick, but if I polled the players in
Dark Age of Camelot about whether they were politically liberal and
conservative and found that it was a 30/70 split, respectively, does
that mean that Dark Age of Camelot is about liberal politics?

In other words, I'm not sure of your point.  You seem to be
suggesting that because explorers play the games that the games must
be catering to exploration.

JB