[MUD-Dev] TECH: Concurrent Process Based Mud (Somewhat Long)

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Mon Apr 29 01:01:32 CEST 2002

Eric Merritt wrote:

> The other major departure is that I plan to use a two dimensional
> coordinate space instead of the more conventional rooms based
> space. I realize that this is a topic that has been discussed
> allot on this list, so I have and will glean some helpful hints
> from the archive. Having a very fast RDBMS should help with some
> of the big problems with coord systems. Most of the other problems
> seem to resolve to two dimensional area searches that shouldn't be
> to difficult to handle.

What do you see as the "big problems with coord systems" that an
RDBMS will help you with?

Some time ago, I'd dug through the archives and pulled out various
posts on spatial handling, and dropped that list into Agora:

   http://agora.cubik.org/wiki/view/Main/SpatialHandling

Maybe you'll find it helpful.

  - Bruce