[MUD-Dev] [MLP] The use of ecology models (was: NPC Complexit y)

Mark Eaton marke at mac.com
Mon Apr 29 14:49:28 CEST 2002

On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 06:42 PM, Koster, Raph wrote:

> We are doing this in Star Wars Galaxies. There was recently a post
> on our boards about how it works, written by listmember Jeff
> Freeman:

It sounds like a very interesting system, but it seems the linch pin
is determining when a player 'could use a little excitement'.

It makes me wonder what value players will place on exploration and
the size of the world, when they can just walk a few minutes out
from the city gate and stand around waiting for the system to decide
to entertain them :)

--mark