[MUD-Dev] current portable lpmud code libraries?

David Bennett ddt at discworld.atuin.net
Thu Aug 1 00:44:45 CEST 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> Are there any web forums or mailing lists that deal with lpmud / LPC
> coding issues in a centralized way?  Besides rec.games.mud.lp.  I'm
> mainly interested in portable code libraries that are useful across
> different, current lpmuds.  When I do general searches for this sort of
> stuff in the newsgroups or on the web, the information I find usually
> dates from 1998.  Is lpmud hopelessly Balkanized now?

Depends on what you mean by Balkanized?  Mudlibs tend to work themselves
around the features of the specific driver.  So if you mean that all the
mudlibs currently released are specific to a specific driver, then I would
say yes.  Things tend to go that way.

Discworld is the only mud doing current bug fixing work in the mudos
driver, for example.  So we are also making the mudlib more heavily
integrated with the driver, adding in a few efuns to the base.  I think it
is how it goes when you need more speed, better functionality.

Good luck!
David.