[MUD-Dev] Non-traditional monsters?

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Sat Aug 3 23:35:10 CEST 2002

From: "Jack Britt" <mud at experimentzero.org>
> From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com>
>> Jack Britt wrote:

>>> While orcs, goblins and dragons will definitely be featured, I'd
>>> like to pull things from other cultures.

>> picture book stuff, should be perfect.  Might not have much
>> depth, but if you want more depth you look for a book on a
>> specific culture I suppose.

> That's what I was thinking, but I'd hoped to find something online
> and save a little cash. Time to check out the bargain bins!

I've got a book, don't remember what the title of it was offhand,
and I'm currently moving (hense my recent inactivity) so it's packed
up but I can post the name later if you're interested, but it's a
collection of fairy tales... translated from the original languages.
It contains several different cultures with it, and quite often has
excerpts in the original language.

I've gotten alot of insight about alot of what are considered
"standard" npc races... you'd be amazed how far some of the "modern"
views for the various races are compared to how they're portrayed in
ancient stories.

-- Kwon J. Ekstrom