[MUD-Dev] narrative

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Mon Aug 26 07:35:36 CEST 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Matt Mihaly wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

>>> Putting all 2000 people into the same plotline just doesen't
>>> scale.  Frankly, it doesn't scale past 5.  That was my
>>> experience attempting to run freeform PBEM RPG games with as
>>> many people as possible, full time 40 hours a week, for periods
>>> of 6 weeks.

>> Sorry you feel that way and couldn't pull it off, but we run
>> plotlines with way more than 5 people involved quite a lot. It's
>> definitely possible.

> I guess I'd have to show up on your MUD and see if we're comparing
> apples to apples for writing quality.  I'm not talking about
> Diablo II quests or FedEx quests.

Neither am I. Our large, managed events rock. Perhaps you should
consider actually doing some research before constantly asserting
that such and such is impossible, when it blatantly isn't and is, in
fact, already being done. Oh wait, I forgot, there's no reason to
pay attention to text MUDs as a designer. Chuckle.

--matt