[MUD-Dev] Online World Timeline slashdotted

Russ Whiteman russw99 at swbell.net
Mon Aug 26 18:55:52 CEST 2002

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>

> The Online World Timeline on my website has been
> slashdotted.

>  - a huge amount of the replies are concerned with things like >
>  DWANGO, Kali, and other peer to peer matchmaking services. To
>  what > extent does the list readership think that these can be or
>  should be > seen as relevant to a history of muds?

Personally, I suppose it would depend on just how one reads the
title...  Online-World Timeline, or Online World-Timeline.  If we're
talking about the timeline of the online world, such peer to peer
matchmaking services were very significant.  If we're talking about
the timeline of online worlds, they weren't really relevant to the
discussion.  It's admittedly been a while since I perused the
timeline, but as I recall, it was primarily about the development of
online worlds.