[MUD-Dev] expansion packs

Eric Hu satan at TRPG.org
Tue Dec 10 12:30:30 CET 2002

On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:15:22 -0600
Wes Connell <wconnell at kanga.nu> wrote:

> Its a good question, but I'm not sure if "expansion pack fatigue"
> will occur. The majority of expansion packs are aimed for the
> advanced player of that specific game. All of the EQ expansion
> packs have uppped the level cap and added higher level zones to
> the game. Single player expansion packs start off assuming the
> player knows how to play the game. Usually, by the time the player
> *needs* an expansion pack the player has the ability to *use* the
> expansion pack.

It will occur, and had occured.

Even a power gamer, they will consider "is it an endless path?"  My
friends and I, we 11 ppls had more than 20 sets of EQ accounts. How
many ppls left inside EQ after PoP released? only 3. and 2 of the 3
ppls are jobless. How many time Verant raised the level cap? 2
times, from 50 to 60, then 60 to 65. Who could say Sony wont release
another expansion pack when he need more cash? Exp grinding is ok,
but endless exp grinding is not fun. Killing the first dragon in
your life is exciting, killing the 1001 huge red dragon lord isn't.