[MUD-Dev] expansion packs

Wes Connell wconnell at kanga.nu
Tue Dec 10 23:44:07 CET 2002

Eric Hu wrote:

> As the Product Life Cycle, everything start to downfall after it
> reach the peak. One or two expansion pack is ok, but 4 or 5? it is
> too many.

So I suppose the trick is too never reach your peak. :)

I also suppose it is safe to say (much like other things in life)
that its not the quantity of expansion packs, but how you use them
that counts.

What if EQ had split up the first 3 expansion packs into a total of
10 expansion packs, staggered the release, and sold them for five
bucks a piece?

Would that of changed the expansion pack burnout?

--
Wes!
wconnell at kanga.nu