[MUD-Dev] Persistent worlds in NWN (was: Retention without Addiction?)

Taylor taylor at taylor.org
Thu Dec 12 12:39:36 CET 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Valerio Santinelli wrote:

> I've been on this list for a long time.. much before NWN was even
> released.  The fact that I happened to write PW hacks for NWN is
> casual :)

I've also been on the list for a long time, though mostly
lurking. I've used lots of the information and reasources that I've
gotten off this list to build my Persistant World mod
"Taliesin". I'm finding that the information about MUDs is more
applicable to NWN mods than the Massively Multiplayer
information. Since the playerbase is so much smaller and more
intimate, all fo those social structures that failed in the massive
games seem to work again in a NWN mod.

But as a poster noted all of the same problems reappear, the current
one I'm trying to solve is to make my mod more accessible for the
starting player while still keeping it challenging for the more
experianced player.

--
Taylor                                 log: http://www.captaincursor.com/
taylor at taylor.org