Marc Fielding fielding at computer.org
Mon Dec 16 16:48:16 CET 2002

[Madrona Tree]

> There is another thread about it here... that shows that hardcore,
> intelligent gamers (one has a PhD in nuclear physics) don't get
> it, either.

No offense, but just because they disagree with you doesn't mean
they "don't get it." The SCS vs. MCS debate is still very much
unresolved at this point. While I can appreciate the jubilation
expressed by the pro-SCS camp, I mostly sympathize with the concerns
of those who are more pro-MCS.

The solution indicated by Raph is a reasonable hybrid: the game is
SCS by default with a premium paid by those who desire MCS. My only
argument is with the requirement for a new account.

-Marc