rayzam rayzam at travellingbard.com
Mon Dec 16 21:29:34 CET 2002

From: "Marc Fielding" <fielding at computer.org>
> [Justin Stocks]

>> In the long run, I'm sure that SCS will bring in more money for
>> Sony. More and more players will want to have two characters on
>> one server, for whatever reasons, so they'll fork over the extra
>> bucks for an additional account.  Sony wins, the player, er, wins
>> (?), so everyone's happy. But will it really stop there? I mean,
>> we don't even know what the monthly fee will be. At this rate,
>> I'm afraid it might be a bit more then the 'usual' $12.95.

> Why must they be forced into another account? That seems overly
> punitive to me.

> As a single-character EQ player, you would think I'd fall in the
> SCS camp, but occasionally I'd get bitten by the experimentalist
> bug and want to try a new class for a few hours, or perhaps I'd
> create a Dark Elf character in order to explore the Dark-Elf home
> city.

That Dark-elf home city is still on the other server, where you can
have another character on, and not have any of the problems Raph
enumerated. I don't see how you're stopped at all from doing
that. SCS, with the caveat that there be multiple instantiations,
probably a given, does not prevent this exploratory behavior.

    rayzam