Justin Stocks juztyn at massassi.net
Mon Dec 16 23:28:40 CET 2002

From: "Michael Tresca" <talien at toast.net>

> What about the players who want to cheat?  What about the players
> who want to virulently curse at every player who walks within five
> feet of them?  What about the players who want to brutally abuse
> the game system?

What about the players who don't cheat? What about the players who
want to play the game with their friends no matter what character
race or class their playing at the time? What about the normal
joe-blow player who doesn't know the first thing about the game
system?

Why are we hurting the casual gaming in the name of stopping the few
players that a ban button (which SOE has a reputation of using)
could fix in a New York minute..?

I keep seeing the argument that they're doing this because of the
griefers, because of the people who abused the system in other
games.  But I can guarantee you, that aside from muling (the
majority of which was a fault of the game design, and not the
player), the percentage of people who use multiple characters to
abuse the system is far, far, far below the percentage of people who
don't.

You don't see the American Government taking away guns because a
couple of people shot a couple of other people, do you? According to
SOE's policy, we should.

- Justin