Heightfield vs. mesh was RE: AC2 was RE: [MUD-Dev] Total Annilation of Downtime

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Tue Dec 17 00:35:54 CET 2002

Your post and the article are fascinating. As one of those that
brainstormed with Will Wright for Sim Earth and wrote some continent
generation algorithms, it is amazing to see how far we've come.

"Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>":

> For articles on this including some screenshots, see our
> website. You can even see a shot of the tool.

>   http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/team/articles/corellia_1.jsp

There are some links on the 4th page of that site

  http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/team/articles/corellia_4.jsp

that sounded interesting but that result in 404 errors. They are:

The Planet Selection Process

  http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/022419.html

Conti Part I

  http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/018779.html

Part II

  http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/019189.html

Part III

  http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/019457.html

Part IV

  http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/019949.html

Do you have any ideas on where to find them?

-- Christopher Allen