Ted L. Chen tedlchen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 00:59:04 CET 2002

Michael Tresca wrote

> As an aside, one of Raph's posted reasons for the problem with
> removing muling was due to "I want to play different characters
> for different moods I'm in."

> That's very disturbing to me.  This means that there are very
> one-dimensional angry/pissed off characters.  That degrades a game
> too.

Someone wanting to play two characters depending on the mood doesn't
necessarily mean a bipolar disorder ;) For instance, I used to run a
tailor shop in AO.  But at a certain point, I was getting too many
tells from people I didn't know at 'inconvenient' times.  That
spurred me to create a secondary-primary character that I could play
depending on my mood; that is, whether I wanted to deal with
customers or not.

Mind you, I could have conceivably created the second primary on
another server.  But like most supporters of MCS have pointed out, I
prefer to play with my friends.

I might be a minority though because of the added
'customer-relation' thing.  But I can very well see that situation
arising more acutely in SWG where tradecrafts is a viable character
development path.  In which case, your crafters might get annoyed at
having people constantly send them a tell 'GlMM3 DAT PHAT BLAST3R!'
whenever they logon.  Then they drop crafting because it was getting
annoying and they had no other way out. :)

TLC