[MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM (was Complexities of MMOG Servers)

Dubious Advocate dubiousadvocate at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 06:23:17 CET 2002

"Jessica Mulligan" <jessica at mm3d.com> wrote:

> Part of the definition we came up with then was the capability to
> support a minimum of 125 simultaneous players in the same world
> instance (server).  It was done that way to separate the field
> from Retail Hybrids such as Counterstrike, Quake, et al, which
> have online play but can generally support less than 64
> simultaneous players on a server.

Under this definition a UO emu like POL or RunUO are MMOGs.

I like the current categorized system.  Please consider an explicit
category for player-managed worlds, or perhaps instead add the
distinction as a qualifier.  NWN would be the ancestral enrollee.

-----
Dave Scheffer
"Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself"