Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Dec 18 01:09:24 CET 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, bradley newton haug wrote:
> Matt wrote:

>> SOE isn't making SW:G an SCS environment out of some principle,
>> I'm sure. They're doing it because they believe they're going to
>> make more money with it, and I suspect they're right.

> My favorite part is how we were 'lucky' that sony could have
> finished the game 'at all'.  Oh can I give you money, can I?

You know what? I feel f*cking lucky that Peter Jackson made LOTR
into movies. Very very very lucky. I would happily pay $50 to see
his fine movie and yet I am only going to have to pay $6.50 for a
matinee tomorrow afternoon. It goes both ways, bub. I often feel
lucky to consume particularly good content, because there is so much
garbage out there. Now, the last two Star Wars movies have
completely killed off any affection I had for Star Wars, so I'm not
interested in playing SW:G, but there are a LOT of people out there
who have been waiting for years for a Star Wars graphical MUD, and
judging by a lot of the posts on the Station boards, a lot of them
do indeed feel very damn lucky to be able to give SOE money. Some of
them feel so lucky they paid Sony to be testers.

--matt