[MUD-Dev] Persistent worlds in NWN (was: Retention without Addiction?)

Zach Collins {Siege} zcollins at seidata.com
Wed Dec 18 06:17:41 CET 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Matthew Dobervich wrote:
> Valerio Santinelli Wrote:
>> Sean Kelly Wrote:

>> hours. I do not expect Bioware devs to do anything to help people
>> make PWs. They always said that NWN was not meant to be used to
>> run PWs. It's been that way from the beginning, even before they
>> started working on the product.

> I'm not sure where you got the idea that Bioware isn't interested
> in support PWs, they've publicly stated many times that they're
> commited to doing so.  Here is a dev chat log from a few days ago

>   http://nwn.stratics.com/content/community/hoclogs/20021212_hoc.shtml

Word on the street, as it were, says that this is a complete
reversal of Bioware's attitude toward PWs and/or DBs as of the time
that NWN was released.  I guess either their marketers/PR flaks
didn't understand the issue, or the developers greatly
underestimated their customers' desire to create and run PWs.

--
Zach Collins