Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Dec 18 06:08:59 CET 2002

From: "Travis Nixon" <tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com>

> There are many arguments that can be made in favor of
> single-character servers, but storage space is simply not one of
> them.

This is not a trivial question of what size RAID array to use. Let
me quote Raph on this.

-----
  We share fancy databases over multiple servers. Said fancy
  databases cost $X up to a certain size. Then they cost ten times
  that if you go over that limit by one byte because you have to buy
  the "next size up."
-----

The disk space is not the issue, the database license is the issue.