[MUD-Dev] Persistent worlds in NWN (was: Retention without Addiction?)

Dave Scheffer dave at scheffer.net
Thu Dec 19 07:12:36 CET 2002

From: "Zach Collins (Siege)" <zcollins at seidata.com>

> Word on the street, as it were, says that this is a complete
> reversal of Bioware's attitude toward PWs and/or DBs as of the
> time that NWN was released.  I guess either their marketers/PR
> flaks didn't understand the issue, or the developers greatly
> underestimated their customers' desire to create and run PWs.

We gave them plenty of warning...  ;-) In fact one of the risks they
publically talked about just prior to release was their concern they
would get crippling bad press because the product wouldn't meet
street expectations as a PSW in a box.

---
Dave Scheffer
"Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself"