Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM (was Complexities of MMOG Servers))

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Dec 19 12:11:42 CET 2002

On 12/17/02 11:45 PM, Dubious Advocate <dubiousadvocate at hotmail.com> wrote:

> We don't see this in the Central MOG industry today.  Developers
> bemoan the absence of brand loyalty

They do?  I must have missed this.  I've seen some gamers try to use
brand loyalty as a lever to get MMO games changed to be more like
console & single-player PC games, but I haven't seen any MMO
developers complaining that they don't have enough players.

Even AO, which was widely panned as a dud, turns out to have a
steady player base.  Not huge, but enough to keep the game going.

Where have you heard developers bemoaning the absence of brand
loyalty?

Amanda Walker