[MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM (was Complexities of MMOGServers)

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Sun Dec 29 07:05:06 CET 2002

From: "Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at alltel.net>

> Would anyone who plays an MM* or MMU*s be caught dead on a MMUD?
> Or does the old M* now cover everything.

I think people will play whatever offers what they want. Sometimes I
want a lot of deep, intricate roleplay. So I go play certain kinds
of games for that. Other times, I just want to go kill things. So I
go play other kinds of games for that.

I've always figured this was the way other people played games,
too. If a game doesn't offer what you want, then you either don't
play or you annoy yourself by playing anyway. If it does, then you
either play that game or you annoy yourself with whatever game you
decide to play instead. Some people seem to spend more time choosing
to annoy themselves, but I've always considered that a sign of
immaturity.