[MUD-Dev] DGN: Question about MU* acronyms

Randolf Richardson randy at inter-corporate.com
Thu Jan 3 17:32:43 CET 2002

Hello.  My experience with MUDs is very limited, and I'm fairly new
to this mailing list -- so far I'm very impressed with the
insightful and fascinating discussions here.  As I'm just starting
to code an ASCII-based multi-user telnet game in my spare time which
I've been planning for years now, I am pleased to see that the level
of quality present on this mailing list far exceeds my expectations
of pure technical chatter.

My question has to do with MUD and other acronyms: What are they,
and how do they differ?  I don't know, for example, the difference
between MUD, MUX, MUSH, MUCK, and other, and internet searches have
come up empty for me so far.

	Thanks in advance.

Randolf Richardson - rr at 8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.8x.ca/

"Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional."