[MUD-Dev] Starting out.

Joel Palmtag jpalmtag at salinas.k12.ca.us
Tue Jan 8 14:31:07 CET 2002

When one is starting work on a project such as a MUD what are some
personal recommendations?  I've always had issues with working on
long coding projects and here are a few of my questions:

(some starters, if you've got other's, please respond with those as
well.)  How to take care of Marathon Coding, what kind of foods to
eat (it's really hard to stay alert if all you've been eating are
snack foods for 18 hours), what kind of versioning to use.  Can it
be done as a part time thing (hobby) or does it need a full time
dedication.  Who to have work on it with you, etc,etc,etc...

(Maybe it could be compiled, if not for actual use then for comedic
value ; P ) -And they said it couldn't be done, damn them