[MUD-Dev] Quake II has gone GPL

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Wed Jan 9 08:46:52 CET 2002

From: "Mathieu Castelli" <mcastell at noos.fr>
> Frank Crowell wrote:

>> Right now QII is the closest thing to a freely available, heavily
>> documented, community supported MM-whatevertherestofthisis core
>> candidate.  The closest one on the engine side, is Crystalspace.

> http://www.nevrax.org/ are still moving on...They received
> additional funds recently.

I'm following their work every day and i had a glance at Ryzom
(http://www.ryzom.com/), the MMORPG they're working on. It seems to
be a real cool project, and it's using their library called NeL.
The codebase of NeL is not yet ready for occasional developers like
me.  There isn't an overall description of how everything fits, so
it's hard to understand how to make a game from zero. But the
sources to Snowball, their demo game, are available and can help
starting up with NeL.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder (http://www.hateseed.com)