[MUD-Dev] Quake II has gone GPL

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Fri Jan 11 00:31:55 CET 2002

According to Frank Crowell:
> From: "Mathieu Castelli" <mcastell at noos.fr>

>> http://www.nevrax.org/ are still moving on...They received
>> additional funds recently.

> On the surface the project doesn't seem too bad.  The initial set
> up is a little too much work so I am not likely to see what it
> looks like tonight.

As an ex-Nevrax, I can attest to the complexity of the stuff. The
worst part is probably the number of external libraries the engine
assumes you already have installed before you attempt the 1h compile
:)

 (ok, this is a slight exxageration, but the fact remains that this
 is chiefly an in-house project rather than a cooperative
 distributed effort like Worldforge, and this gives significant
 differences in the architecture and presentation of the
 project. But at least, you can play with penguins fighting gnus on
 an icefield with snowballs)

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)