Issue of the "Experience" (Was Re: [MUD-Dev] MMORPGs & MUDs)

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Sun Jan 13 10:54:18 CET 2002

J C Lawrence posted on Saturday, January 12, 2002 9:27 PM
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:19:57 -0600
> Michelle Elbert <michelf at silverspoonandpaperplate.com> wrote:

>> What we're really frustrated about here, I think, is that we
>> haven't really come up with a good way to get these people to get
>> along without some serious human intervention.

> Or to naturally segregate them or place them in complementary play
> positions where their mutual value/use exceeds their annoyance.

Perhaps more significantly, some playing styles are more resilient
to external factors than others.  The role-player needs the
community, the twink needs it less.  The twinks can easily co-exist
with the role-players, the role-players cannot easily coexist with
the twinks...because to them, players are content.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org/talien