[MUD-Dev] Replacement For MUD Acronym

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Sun Jan 13 23:45:53 CET 2002

"Luke Parrish" <luke at rocketship.com>:

> How about instead of MUD/MUSH/MUCK/MOO we just use MIF,
> Multi-player Interactive Fiction to describe the whole genere?

Just an aside, we have been describing at our web site and in
business plan for several years as what Skotos does as "multiplayer
text-dominant interactive fiction games". However, we have never
attempted to acronymize it.

I wouldn't say that this has 'caught on' from a marketing/branding
perspective, but it is proven to explain to non-mudders what it is
we do.

-- Christopher Allen

.. Christopher Allen                                 Skotos Tech Inc. ..
..                           1512 Walnut St., Berkeley, CA 94709-1513 ..
.. <http://www.Skotos.net>               o510/647-2760  f510/647-2761 ..