[MUD-Dev] MOBPROG and other scripting languages

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jan 16 22:27:47 CET 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:28:59 -0800
Christopher Allen <CALists at zocalo.net> wrote:
> "J C Lawrence" <claw at kanga.nu>:
>> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:11:34 -0700 helpsfamily <Acius> wrote:

> I'm less interested in YAPL (Yet Another Programming Language)
> then in seeing what events are being sent to the script/program,
> and what useful abstraction functions are there for NPCs.

<blush>

Quite.  Language choice is almost uninteresting in comparison to how
you expose the function to the language and to its users.  Witness
the fact that I'm still getting asked about exactly how spoofs
worked -- despite the fact that they are a singularly and obviously
Bad Idea from the get go.

--
J C Lawrence