[MUD-Dev] MMORPGs & MUDs

Sami Kosonen sami.k.kosonen at welho.com
Fri Jan 18 03:11:46 CET 2002

From: "Michelle Elbert" <michelf at silverspoonandpaperplate.com>

>   (Just the other day in Dark Age of Camelot, I went up to an NPC
>   and said "Is there a task that is yet undone?" and I got a tell
>   from a person telling me that all I have to do is type "/s
>   task". I thanked them and told them that I already knew that and
>   that I had the phrase on a hotkey, there was a pause and they
>   still asked why I went through the extra effort to enter a whole
>   sentence. )

Hehe when I was in beta I also used phrase "Do you have any errants
or tasks for me to to do?" or somesuch when asking tasks from NPCs
and couple of times someone remarked same thing about "usefullness"
of such action. I did it mainly to amuse myself and give little bit
more context or immersion to my playing, but then I seem to like to
experiment about things (nope, I'm not roleplayer, too
self-conscious for that).=20

Other day when I was playing Shogun: Total War I thought it could be
fun to "roleplay" warlord in that game and try to make interesting
histories with engineering decisive battles (losses and wins) and
take notes about any important things like births and stuff. These
could all be incorporated into story or history. But then I'm funny
that way.

"Point? What point? Nope, never heard of."

Sami Kosonen