[MUD-Dev] Re: TECH: What about Perl flavored MUDs?

James Edward Gray II chessman at mac.com
Mon Jan 21 09:13:19 CET 2002

On Monday, January 21, 2002, at 02:02  AM, Luke Parrish
<luke at rocketship.com> wrote:

>   http://cvs.mooix.net/

That Perl MOO has been mentioned twice now and it definitely is a
great example of the strengths of using Perl as the development
language.  That MOO is fairly simple in design, but man is it
dynamic!  With its "Programmers" being able to create objects and
attach "Verbcalls" (commands) to them, that thing is impressively
expandable.  I've got a lot of good ideas from examining that code.

Well, thanks for the reassurances about Perl's capabilities.  I'm
definitely going to give it a go as my development language.

James