[MUD-Dev] Boys and Girls - was (Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #163 - 25 msgs)

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Fri Jan 25 08:00:44 CET 2002

From: "Marian Griffith" <gryphon at iaehv.nl>
> On Mon 21 Jan, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
>> From: "Marian Griffith" <gryphon at iaehv.nl>

>>> First of, I see those as quite different things: games for girls
>>> and games for everybody who does not yet buy (a lot of) games,

>> I did not say "everybody".

> Whether or not you agree with it,

There is no agreement or disagreement. Wherever I protested that I
did not say things, I did not say those things. Anyone can go back
and look at my previous post to see that I did not say them. That is
a question of FACT, not of opinion.

The only question of opinion was whether "girl game" is an
appropriate term.  I submit that it is every bit as appropriate as
"women's basketball", a phrase with which I have never known anyone
to have the slightest difficulty -- even though it is *just* as
prone to every potential problem you cite for "girl game", which is
a miraculous and mysterious situation indeed.