RE: Réf. : RE: [MUD-Dev] Mass cus tomization in MM*** s

Jeff Lindsey Jeff at nextelligence.com
Fri Jul 19 17:37:46 CEST 2002

John wrote:
> Daniel Harman writes:

> Recall that we have a pretty ugly barrier to entry for
> socialization - the inability to talk.  I don't know what Koreans
> use to talk to each other, but I suspect that it's either painful
> to enter it as text or they use English.  That is, their barrier
> may be greater than in cultures that fit the ISO-LATIN 1
> 'culture'.

Actually, there's a pretty good article in the latest Wired ("The
Bandwidth Capital of the World", August 2002) that indicates many
Korean players actually do talk while playing, as they tend to group
up based on being in the same 'internet cafe'. It's a very
interesting read if you get the time.

-Jeff