[MUD-Dev] Preventing recipe decomposition (why?)

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Thu Jul 25 16:52:19 CEST 2002

Sean Kelly writes:
> From: "John Buehler" <johnbue at msn.com>

>> So, (to finally get to the point ;), what if you had a recipe
>> based system (crafting, spellcasting, etc) with, say, 8 different
>> actions that could be combined in sequences up to, say, 10
>> actions long, giving you 8^10 possible combinations, and then
>> every time a new player-character was generated, the server
>> randomized which of those possible combinations mapped to actual
>> game recipes?

For the record, I'm getting a number of things mis-attributed to me.  This
is one of 'em.

JB

<EdNote: That quote is from Adam.  The error in attribution came
about when Sie Ming erred on editing the attribution list and left
you at the top versus Adam.  See Message-ID:
3D3906AB.3010108 at grexengine.com for the original post>