[MUD-Dev] New Beginings

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Mon Jun 3 01:42:19 CEST 2002

Hi Adam,

ceo at grexengine.com wrote:

> OTOH I'm personally aware of up to half a dozen middleware
> companies writing MMOG middleware in Java, and none in Python -
> N.B. only two or three of those could eb said to be "public" at
> the moment, so there could well be another 100 writing in Python!
> I just happen to know of the Java ones, probably largely because
> its my current language of preference, so YMMV.

Damion Schubert posted in the last couple of days mentioned Twisted:

   http://www.twistedmatrix.com/

Jason Asbahr, formerly of UO2 has mentioned an interest in Twisted
as well in the past in conjuction with his own project (Netsu).

And for another group using Python in an MMOG, but not as
middleware, there are the people working on EVE .. they use
Stackless Python.

  - Bruce