[MUD-Dev] [DGN] Creating a MUD

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Jun 3 03:36:36 CEST 2002

From: "Richard Krush" <richard_k at gmx.net>

> Considering the above, I would like to ask people who have a lot
> of experience with MUD development or general programming whether
> I should do what I planned or postpone it until I get a degree in
> CS.

Just do it.

What's the worst that could happen? You could do a bad job. But
isn't that better than nothing?

I think so. And I'll bet most other people think so, too.

Never be afraid to try. Sure, it's a lot of work. So make a simple
MUD that does next to nothing, and then add things in later. Make a
step, then another, and then another. You'll be surprised how far
that takes you.