[MUD-Dev] R&D

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Jun 6 17:47:38 CEST 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Brian Bilek wrote:

> So, the perception I have is of an industry where the business
> types know little about games, and those working on the games know
> little about business.  Isn't this, in general, bad for the
> business and for games?

Sorry about the abbreviated reply here, but this was really the
focus of your post I think.

It's difficult to argue that having knowledge about anything is a
bad thing, so at least in the broad sense, I agree with you. I'm
just not sure it's required. I was also, I suppose mainly talking
about the CEO, whose main job in a large company is (in my opinion
at least) to hire the people who go out and get things done. In that
sense, I'm not sure knowledge about the games is that important for
the CEO. Still, when you state it as you did, my position seems like
splitting hairs, so I will abandon it.

--matt